Sunday, April 30, 2006

New churches and Jury Duty Doom

I am feeling a sense of doom about this coming week. Thursday I report to jury duty. I thought, hey there is no way that I'm going to be picked. This lady that was in the nursery at the church we tried out today said that she had two at home and a mom that was an invalid and still made her serve. YIIIKKKEES!!!! The only thing I can think of is having steve take one day and maybe work from home, have my folks do one day and then maybe a friend or two. I seriously doubt that mom and dad could take him for a week. God, I don't think I could stand that. I can see it now ..... Judge: "Ma'am, excuse me, juror number 5, you are disrupting the courtroom. Could someone please make Juror number 5 quit crying? Anyway We went to a new church and Logan did okay for a minute or two but soon I could hear him crying. They said he was playing and suddenly started getting upset. I didn't get to hear the sermon. The song leader was half crying and acting kinda weird. One of those hour long song services but only like 2 songs. Ugh. I do like praise songs but two hours worth??? and the leader is way way more into it than anyone. I could see acting that way after the sermon, but before, it's just singing in my opinion. It's praise yes, but i wonder if it's being amplified on purpose. The rest of the singers were kinda straight faces. I bet he gets on their nerves alittle. The sermon was nothing special. It felt like a high school or college class as oposed to a sermon. He had no sense of humor whatsoever. So we will be moving on elsewhere next time. Well you all pray that I don't get selected on Thursday. I am bringing Logan into the courtroom so we'll see.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Oh I hope they don't make you do it. They're not supposed to if it makes a hardship on you. One little peice of info. I served a few years ago and I got picked for jury on Mon. and was able to be done in 3 days when my trial was over. So maybe even if you have to it won't be for 5 days. I'll help you out if you need me.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.