Sunday, April 09, 2006

Weekend in Shawnee

I got Logan's temperature down alittle Friday night but when he woke up Saturday it was even higher. It's going down with Tylenol and Ibprofen. And I got some Be Kool patches, which actually work. I'll have to use them the next time i have a killer headache. We ended up going to Shawnee. We had dinner at my Grandpa and Grandmother's house. They got new carpet and new furniture. It looked nice. Logan matched his Grandpa Joe and Grandmother Joyce really well so I had to take a picture or two. They don't see him very much but he really likes them. Grandmother made roast and her famous rolls. My Aunt Marsha and Uncle Mike were there too. Logan eventually took a nap on Grandmother. We stayed too long though and my mom was needing to get home. Logan's fever shot right back up after dinner. It was 103.7 but my mom says you subtract 1 if it's taken rectally. I managed to get it back down by bedtime, which unfortunately for me was after midnight. Logan slept all night though till about 8:00. His fever was back...I thought it was teething but he's never been this hot before. When I bathed him this morning he fussed when i dried his ear. And he is pulling on it. So I think it's probably an ear infection or something. You can just tell he doesn't feel up to par. My aunt Jennifer brought her little boy Connor over to my folks this afternoon. He's so cute and just a really good calm baby. She said that she just loves being around him cause he's so calm and sweet. His hair spikes up and won't lay flat and Logan kept patting it and then patting his overalls. It was sweet. Logan pulled Connors hair which made Connor chuckle. They are only 7 months apart. I can see them being good friends when they get older. It's nice to have a friend to play with at family functions. I was the only girl for along time on both sides, except my aunt but she was 4 years older than me. We came home at about 5 ish and i settled into unpacking, and feeding, and the whole usual thing. Steve found a bag of clothes in the attic, unfortunately it wasn't the one with all my summer clothes...I think he threw that one out. I cleaned out alot of stuff when i was pregnant and I'm missing some of my favorite shorts. This load had some of my old work clothes and some shirts I wore to Europe. They are kind of ratty but I need ratty sometimes to hang around the house etc...plus they have some sentimental value cause I did wear them for 31 days straight strapped to my back in some way or another.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Misty said...

Poor Logan! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. That so hard on them and even harder on Mom sometimes. Sounds like a nice weekend of relaxing with the family otherwise. :-)

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.