Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bulimic Baby

Babies are weird in their own little ways. I don't think some things that babies do are taught by parents. Heres an example. Logan likes to make himself throw up. Usually right after he eats. He is very curious about touching things right now I understand. He likes to feel around in the back of his throat. But you would think that after he makes himself throw up he would quit. He must like it alot cause it's the latest thing. He does it after every meal usually as I'm washing his tray so there's nothing to catch what emerges. Friday night I ran and caught the pieces of half chewed pizza as it came back. Oh the joys of motherhood. We went to Shawnee for my birthday celebration. It was nice to see everyone at once and not have to go travelling to see them all. I only have time to see one set of grandparents usually, and then feel a paing of guilt over not seeing the other one. Logan didn't sleep the entire time so by 4:30 he was cranky. Mom finally got him to sleep and he woke up a different boy. He's so funny. He is saying "oh sheeze" over and over. My mom says he's saying "oh shoot" cause I say it all the time. He probably is but sometimes he adds a sound and we all look at each other thinking "oh no." I love my brother a whole lot and miss him now that he's in Houston but I'm really happy for him that he has a dream job, a nice house. Now he needs to find his dream girl. I'm also proud that he's taking his health into focus now. But we had a good visit with him. He had fun getting to know Logan again. He gets to know him and then a month later has to get to know the new older boy that is so different. Logan takes along time to get to know him. By the end he loves Craig, but it takes awhile. We went to church Sunday in Shawnee. I always feel drawn there when I go. I love so many people there and love the preacher and Steve does too. They love us too which is crazy since we hardly come. I leave there wishing we lived there. I always do. All my family live there and a church we love, but there are some pros to living in T-town. I would miss my friends and I love the parks and the city itself. I think I need to pray about it and get back to where I need to be when it comes to God anyway. I know I wane and wax. I think most of it is due to going to the last church and having it not work out. I feel scared to try another cause I don't getting close to people and not liking the church. The last group was so little and they were all so nice and friendly. And we liked them as people, but it wasn't feeding us and they weren't open to alot of change. We'll have to rotate if we try again so we don't go to two places at a time. I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but I have feminist tendencies while having to cope with being a stay at home mommy. I never said never on the SAHM issue, but I have a real chip on my shoulder about gender roles and subservient attitudes. It's great when both are serving each other though. That's what I was raised with. But I had issues with the last church I went to where the women wear dresses all the time to church. I really take issue when teenagers are at the park and these girls are wearing big hair and dresses playing tennis with boys that are dressed normally. But that was off subject, the preacher wouldn't talk to me it seemed. He developed a friendship with my husband but not with me. Yet at all the dinner things we went to no women would sit with me and talk. I always thought my grandma and grandpa had the man dominant, woman subserviant relationship growing up but now that I've seen changes with them and grown up I know that my grandma was in charge and my grandpa just fronted that he was. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.