Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm "tard"

I have made it through my first week being 30, or 20-10 as Misty would say (thanks for trying to make me feel better.) I am so sore this morning from gardening. I seriously don't know how people do it alot. I'm sure that the right tools and not having rock hard soil might help. I had to break up the dirt and I swear I stood on the shovel ten times per hole to even make a dent in the earth. I managed to transfer my jalepeno and banana pepper plants, my oregon early and cherokee purple tomatoes in the dirt. I am having a salsa garden if you haven't already guessed. My garlic and onion have been in for awhile and my garlic is so tall. We have been walking all week so that has made me sore too. We've been alternating 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day. I went to my meeting this morning and I was down 1.8 lbs for a total of 21lbs=10% Yeah me! Yes I'm totally giving away just how much I weighed. Lets just say it was almost 22 lbs...but i was 2 shy. It was a good meeting and I got some free coupons...arghh...cause I bought a few things that i could have used the coupons for. Oh well there's always next month. I did terrible this last weekend as you remember and then for our bbq I did not pack my veggie burger as I intended, but I ate a hot link and a hamburger, plus potato salad and baked beans. I used more than my flex points and still had a loss. The reason? I drank extra water and increased my veggies and fruits. I've decided it's not about goofing on a diet it's about coming back to it. Before when I'd blow a meal I'd tell Steve, "Time to eat I've already blown the day." Now I say, Fish and salad anyone? I hate being on a budget and shopping. This week we were out of trashbags, toilet paper, diapers etc. I hate going to get groceries and not having any groceries you know? Like soy sauce and those things that you use all the time and never notice but when you have to buy alot of those things it is a drag. You could buy $100.00 in condiments & non food alone if you were truly out of them. I'm going to make a grilled turkey sausage pizza today...(we'll see how well I do) or we may order a pizza who knows how I'll feel around 5:00. We are going to Shawnee this weekend for my birthday celebration and to see my brother who is coming in just for it (What up Craig!) Sunday night is Mom's night out. We are going bowling. I haven't been in so long. It should be fun. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend...The weather is going to be great.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Congrats on the 10% goal. That is awesome. Your inspiring me to try to reach mine again. I was only 1 lb away in January and now I'm back up to 6 more lbs to go. I totally know what you mean on the budget. It seems like we run out of dog food, toilet paper, paper towels and diapers all at once. There is $50 by itself and that's not even food. Forget making a new recipe on those weeks, huh. Hope you had a fun mno, sorry I couldn't be there.

Misty said...

I'm sorry I've been so busy here around your birthday and all...My fun side has wanted to get out and do fun stuff, but that darned o.d reponsible side keeps winning the argument!

Awsome, wonderful!!! on your 10%
you are keeping me inspired, too. And you are looking great!

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.