Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

We had a good weekend. Saturday I went to my aunt and uncle's house in Owasso to see my Grandmother and Grandpa and My Dad's cousin Robert and his wife Darlene. Sunday we went to Guthrie to have a cookout at the Swinney's. It was alot of fun and really hot. All the kids got anxious to hunt easter eggs and it was alittle frantic cause they took all the eggs so I grabbed some off the table and Logan got to gather those. They had money in them, so I replaced them with animal crackers. He had alot of fun I think. I did have to leave him in his playpen some cause he likes to run off. He loved playing with his cousin Ashlynn's earrings. We had a baby shower for my neice Kaydon. She's due around May 5th. She's so young. I can't imagine having a baby when I was 17. She's a real sweet girl though. Something else happened that was awesome. I found a bag of clothes up in the attic Saturday. It had all my summer shorts and tank tops from 3 years ago. It was like going shopping. When I was pregnant and getting too wide for everything, and the start of fall I moved it all to the garage. I had all my undergarments that were practically new. I had two sets of pjs and a swimsuit. It was really cool. I've been doing terrible this weekend on food. I did calculate what I ate though. I know that it's hormonal eating. It hit me after friday. I've been craving everything. Saturday night Steve and I were playing Jeopardy on playstation in the bedroom and we kept talking about eating something. I told him to order a pizza, but it was closed, then he was going to go to Braums for a bag of burgers and he kept saying after the game i'll go. When we were done with the game I came to my senses. I wasn't even hungry I just wanted food. I realized that I felt guilty for eating Bueno, so if i ate lets say 3 or 4 pieces of pizza, the guilt would be even worse. Not to mention that the next day we were going to have a cookout with hotlinks and hamburgers and all the fixings. So I was there to talk myself down from the ledge. I told steve that it didn't help that he was pushing me off of it. (But I love ya anyway babe!) Easter Sunday at the Swinneys might have to change. I felt so sorry for Steve's mom. I don't think we should have it anymore. They spent alot of food and she worked like a dog to get it all done and worked so hard for Kaydon's shower. Most of her grandkids brought friends and ignored everyone in the family. Ate the food, took the easter eggs, then left. Most of the food ran out cause some of the boys loaded up on deviled eggs. Steve's dad didn't get one. And then only one grandkid said thank you to Jo and Cecil. Manners are so uncommon these days. I felt really bad for them. She told Steve that she wasn't going to do it again. I'm pretty glad. I think she should come with us to my aunts next year. Enjoy the pictures below....  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Looks like you had a full weekend. That's great news on the clothes in the attic fitting. I still have a little ways to go to get back into my pre-preg clothes even though my weight is close to it. The clothes are still a little tight in the waist.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.