Thursday, May 18, 2006

Warning...this message will repeat....

Honey don't read this..seriously...this is so I won't yell at you!!! You know when you are dating someone and they do things that are alittle annoying but nothing you can't overlook cause hey you love them...bla bla bla. Parents are so right cause the little things that you love or annoy you turn into huge arguments later. Why is that? I think it's my week to not get along with DH. We are getting along okay....enough to not be crying all day. When we first started and got into arguments it was all me venting and getting mad and He would be totally quiet and shut down. It bothered me this weekend that he shut down alittle. But we were at my parents so it was welcomed cause you don't want to yell when you are at your parents. Then when later as we got more serious he would start arguing like me and I cheered..."Yeah...you got mad at me instead of emotional abandonment!" Tonight though we actually had a good discussion. It's an ongoing issue with us. If you are a stay at home mom are you expected to have a spotless house? (Note: I am not a housewife, or a stay at home wife like he called me...if I was yes the house would be clean cause I wouldn't have a child or a job to do) I agree that I could do better, but I reminded him of my past which he seemed to not remember at all so that argument flopped. He told me that the house was cleaner than before Logan. I think perhaps cause we weren't home much, ate out more and he pitched in alot more with cleaning. We would have our 5 minutes of cleaning and the whole house would be clean. He told me that what set him off about my cleaning was that his friend couldn't come inside. Here's the deal I don't care who you are...you need 5 minutes to clean up. I hear by the way so and so is coming over...I expect him to clean or straighten or do whatever is in his conscience to do. If you do the inviting you do the cleaning imo. Of course I didn't want him coming in so I didn't move either. Maybe the whole inviting someone over to hang is something men should clear first. I'm supposed to clean for him too...which doesn't help. I actually could have more clean if I wasn't expected to straighten up his crap too. I don't think being his wife doesn't make me a mother to him. He keeps telling me "I just didn't expect this" I envisioned something else.....to which I say don't we all. We all had dreams and idealised versions of our future. When has reality every come close to your fantasy...and I'm saying Fantasy for a reason. Okay I'm done. I did not get mad ...too mad. I just have to wave him off and dismiss it. He is just a man after all and when he takes care of Logan...it's like a tornado hit. Food is left on the high chair...diapers are open on the changing table...clothes are thrown on the floor...diapers are sometimes missed...etc... Babies are alot of work and I'm not sure he realizes all the time. MNO is Sunday though Yipee...i'm going to enjoy it! I have WW tomorrow morning I am weighing in about 2 lbs less...but as with anything who knows by tomorrow my hands and feet could swell....

2 comments:

Misty said...

This is when you really need some good girlfriends...cuz we understand. Men just don't! I used to think I married an enlightened man, but in reality most want the old traditional roles and of course they don't want to give anything up. At least we have MNO and each other to get through the rough spots. I hope you guys work something out that you can both live with.

Teresa said...

It's not just if you stay home with a kid. If you are a woman perious. I have it double. I work just as much as Brent and Rusty do, but when I get home, it's the house is dirty, what's for dinner,when will it be ready, nag, nag, nag... I know how you feel. Recently, I've had it out with Brent about how he and Rusty treat me. I'm not their mom, they can get up off of their lazy butts and do things themselves. Last week I was on strike!

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.