Friday, May 05, 2006

Going through the motions and general blurriness

I thought I'd update first on Logan...he is doing okay. His fever is gone ( my bet was the shots), His rash is spreading and looking like tiny blisters. I'm fairly positive it's hand and mouth cause he acts like his mouth hurts too. But as with all "baby" things it's a virus and there isn't much to do. His little molars are coming in though and he wouldn't sleep till I just put him in the crib and told him "Mommy did all she can do, you're on your own." Honestly if I kept holding him I would have dropped him or something. It really reminded me of when He was little little and those 2 & 5 am feedings. I remember waking up holding him and thinking "how long have we been here?" What's always better is waking up and seeing sunlight where there wasn't before. Those were the same mornings that I would put him to bed and Steve would come in and want to "say hi." I know I came off seeming alittle too angry about it. But triple lack of sleep, desperation and alittle jealousy of the 9 hour sleepfest that he got and what can I say. I always liked when Steve would say "man I'm sleepy!...I need to take a nap" (GGGRRRRR!) But this too shall pass...My dad reminded me of it today that after all this teething crap is over it gets smoother. Days like today I'm jealous of Trisha's pillow corner. Hmmmm.....I have been getting backrubs from Buddha Baby lately. He likes to lay on top of my back. Now all I have to do is train him to knead with his hands. We'll work on pressure points later...lol. Well I weighed in at ww today. I lost 1.8...so i'm well on my way to my 25 lb mini goal. I still have 8.2 lbs left to lose by August ...It's a very realistic thing I think. I was very inspired by the winner of some contest. She had lost 150 lbs or something like that and still had 100 lbs to go. Her attitude was awesome. I felt recharged cause it's almost all attitude really. Those voices real or not real that say "we can't afford WW, or you can do it on your own, or it's just one day, we can splurge" will be turned off today... well baby boy is screaming for some reason...that totals 30 minutes of naptime...ugh...

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm right there with you on the molars. I'm about 90% sure Miss AM is cutting the 2 year molars. Your Dad is right, it will pass, thought it's hard to see when your right in the middle of it and sleep deprived.

Good for you for hushing up those bad voices telling you those nasty messages. There is a lady in my WW group who says the cost now for WW will make up for the healthcare costs that the weight would cause in the future. I like her thinking. ;)

Trisha said...

I hope you start getting more sleep soon. HA on my pillow corner. ;) I need it most of those days where I NEED a nap!

Congrats on the WI, your doing awesome. I need to start hushing those voices in my head saying it's just one time.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.