Monday, March 27, 2006

Do you want some cheese with your whine?

My mood is so weird today. I'm nervous and anxious isn't that terrible? I just feel pent up and you know what that leads to... eating. Why are all my emotions tied to food? I wish it was tied to exercizing. I would be rock hard in that case. I'm doing great on weight watchers don't get me wrong. I'm actually on the cusp of a milestone. I haven't been this little since Steve and I got engaged believe it or not. I joined weight watchers then and lost 13 lbs. I lost enough that my dress had to be altered, so i quit trying to lose and just maintained till the wedding. Then I didn't have to worry about it. I'm married, let's get fat and happy right? So I have to keep my eyes on the prize. I've lost 29 lbs since last summer, and in reality i have 50 more lbs to go. So I'm not even halfway there. I need to refocus and act like i'm just beginning. It's hard to do that though when all your clothes are baggy. Granted they are huge clothes, but i noticed that i feel fat when i wear tighter clothes. I challenge everyone to buy underwear two sizes too small and see what i'm talking about. Okay and I'm also having a jealous day. Steve and I want friends, and we wonder why they don't magically appear. Seriously, our couple friends are either gone or don't have kids, that and the fact that we don't have a babysitting option makes it hard. I totally relate to the episode of "Yes Dear" where they have couple friends and the wife doesn't like the other wife, but the men are great friends. And the opposite has been true as well. Then reality sinks in that we are always busy or enjoying our boring lives every weekend anyway. Steve studies and I clean...woo hoo. We went to a church for awhile and Steve liked the preacher alot and they still play pool together...but honestly that excludes me totally. And I have mommy friends and we have organized mom nights out every month, but honestly that still feels like organized friendship. I'm terrible at being friends though cause I hate to act clingy when i meet someone new and the reality is i'm probably distant to everyone. And then i think of all my friends that live far away. If they lived here there would be no question that i would have people to spend time with. Steve and I are best friends but anyone can understand that you need more. In other words "wah wah wah" I need to stop whining about life and do something. That sums up my friendless, fat feeling frenzy. Logan is awake and talking to me. Telling me "lets go outside, quit your whining!! So I'm off to garden some more. Today and tomorrow I'm supposed to plant my turnips and finish onions. Oh and I need to water the grass seed that steve set out yesterday...I don't think he followed the almanac though...it said it was a barren period. We'll see. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Misty said...

I can think of one friend you have ;) You are doing so good on WW's ...maybe you just need to buy some smaller jeans. I did notice how big yours were getting. Hope your day improves....and smile girl! It's hard to not feel that way sometimes, but you have a lot going your way and many blessings in life. See you soon and hopefully talk to you sooner!

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.