Monday, October 23, 2006

weekend

Our weekend started out busy busy. DH took the day off Friday and we went to the pumpkin patch, then to a pottery place for a chimenea that was too cheap to be true ..which was gone sadly, then to get his eye exam and glasses then home to meet the heater man who basically well I was going to write something about what it was comparable to but realized my family reads this and it wasn't kosher. So lets just say we handed over a lot of money... Saturday we woke up and DH ran to get our monthly Angelfood box. If you don't know what this is it's really great if you have a tight budget...or a nonexistent one. Ran Chunk to the Dr for his flu shot which was $40 and I had no clue! DH was a little upset about that and maybe the insurance will pay but really there was no choice. Then we picked up Dh's glasses and headed home where I made our picnic lunch and went to the park to meet our couples friends from church. Only one couple showed up for an hour or so. We were heading in to eat and wouldn't you know that chunk got carried away on the rocking horse and busted his top tooth through his lip. I wasn't sure how bad it was at first since lips bleed a lot but it was okay and stopped bleeding quickly. We ran him to the emergency room there and the dr said he was fine. DH was getting upset about taking him to the e.r. I don't think of those things however. Money really isn't an object when it comes to his health in my opinion. But I suppose our breadwinner is very preoccupied with that thought. It's hard I suppose but I've never been like that. Money hasn't really made me happy or unhappy. I think that the lack of it will always be an issue and that you shouldn't worry about it too much. It is important to tend to it but not to dwell on it. Anyway I let chunk wear his elmo outfit that he's wearing for Halloween. That night dh's friends came up and they all went out and played pool at the smokefree pool hall (yeah). The next morning we went to church and had a wonderful time, went out to eat and then came home. My parents came up and we all headed to the pumpkin patch by our house. It was the best patch I've been to. It's so secluded and nobody is hardly there. Nice pumpkins, rare ones, guoards. Goats and pigs for the kids to pet, a hay maze and a hay ride all for free. The pumpkins were cheap too. I got 2 big ones for $4, one fancy pie pumpkin for 2, and two squashes for $2. And chunk loved the hay maze. They also have a Christmas tree farm that I will most likely visit. The farmer was really knowledgeable about pumpkins. He talked about one variety that Laura Engels Wilder wrote about and then told my mom "you don't want to get that kind though to eat it's not good. Anyway that's enough for my novel. I'm actually afforded some time at the computer today since the kid is asleep and I cleaned the house this weekend. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Sounds like you had a decent weekend. Hope his lip heals fast for you! Glad you seem to be feeling better. :)

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.