Sunday, January 21, 2007

Update

We just got home from seeing my daddy. Sigh...I sure wish I could speed up time right now and all the hard times would be past him. He is the strongest bravest person I know. He's talking like two years till he can be normal (or able to have a life). He has to relearn how to swallow again so he will be in the hospital/rehab alot longer. It's scary at first to see him cause I remembered how he used to look but he's still my daddy and really he looks wonderful cause he's sitting up and talking, and well he's alive. Although he looks like he had a stroke he is the same daddy. He is having to relearn walking too. Thinking about the swallowing thing....God gives that ability to fetuses in the womb so really this the first time since then he's going to have to learn this. Chunk and Papa stuck their tongues out at each other which was cute. Chunk really lifted Daddy's and Momma's spirits I think. Dad said "Im getting better for the boy" He also was telling chunk how Papa's tongue was broke but that he would be getting better. I was so happy that Chunk was the right age where he wasn't scared of seeing him. He even kissed him and hugged him. I know some kids would have been scared and dad was so scared that he would scare the boy but chunk got over the fascination with the tubes and beeps. He's going to need alot of encouragement and mom too. He was saying that he had a long row to hoe. This is true but he certainly is not alone

3 comments:

Misty said...

Try to keep focused on the positive. I'm sure that it's very hard seeing your dad like that. Especially for a Daddy's girl. He probably needs you to be strong for him and believe in him like he's always believed in you. He's still here and has the chance to recover. That alone is worth thanking God for. I still have him and you in my prayers. (((((Lisa))))

Misty said...

And I have to add that with all the stress of life lately, we are due for an MNO soon!

Resa said...

((((Lisa)))) Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.