Thursday, January 11, 2007

Prayer Request please

A picture just because....notice his OSU gear on while whatching the OU game (hee hee). Well Im going to see my dad tonight since I'm feeling better and been on antibiotics for three days. I will probably still wear a mask just cause I'm paranoid and don't want my dad to catch anything. Then drive up to the hotel with my brother and his girlfriend so I can get to the hospital at 6 am. If I never said what is going on my dad has an acoustic neuroma . This is not his first one. He had one the size of a dime back in 1993. He lost his hearing because of that surgery. Well since it is caused by a genetic abnormality there is a recurrance. He hasn't had a checkup for awhile and went in to get a hearing aid in his left ear. That's when they found a tumor the size of a bottle cap that has pushed his brainstem over. He has alot of secondary symptoms from this. Can't close his right eye, blood pressure won't regulate with medication and he was having some trouble turning off his body when he dreamed. This summer he would jump out of bed and hit his face on the bedside table. Luckily my mom is a nurse and an expert at butterfly sutures. So it all makes sense once we had a diagnosis. My dad is a man of faith and trusts God with his life but is still scared. So I covet your prayers for him and our family. Incidentally his dr is a man of god and prays every morning with his staff so we are thrilled. They just got home from Hawaii and now have another journey ahead. But without surgery things would be worse .

3 comments:

Trisha said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your father and your family right now! (((Lisa)))

Resa said...

Prayers being said. I hope your dad's surgery goes well and his recovery is an easy one. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. (((((Lisa)))))

Teresa said...

I will be praying that everything goes well with your dad's surgery and I'll be praying for you, your mom, and your brother that the wait doesn't seem too long.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.