Wednesday, August 02, 2006

just not my day today

It's going to be short and sweet but I learned a dangerous lesson today. Do not hand your keys or let the baby hold the keys to pacify a temper tantrum while you put the grocery cart up. I actually turned and pushed it. But in that time, the chunk locked the door. The car was hot, it was nearly 100 or more by 3:00. I stood there banging on the windows saying "push the other one button" Finally he started getting upset cause i wasn't getting in the car. I ran to the grocery store told them to call the fire dept. Then I continued to bang on the door and try to get him to open the door. All the time i'm remembering those poor babies that die when their parents forget them in the backseat. Here I am watching and helpless. I had several people who tried to help, several who said "good luck" (????!!!) and one blessed lady that said "you need to call Spears (some number gibberish in my mind)" I said I don't have a cell, it's in the van. She said here's mine..dialed it. I don't even remember getting the phone, talking or giving it back. The Chunk was in trouble that's all I could think of and my god what an idiot i was...was a close second. This was slightly more crazed than when he dive bombed off the changing table and i thought he broke his arm. Having my life flash before my eyes Im used to, having his is unnerving. So this man from Spears Mechanical and Salvage pulls up and puts a master key in the door and unlocks it. The firemen who were frantically trying to save chunk kind of went "huh?" I hugged his neck...but he slipped out while I was taking care of chunk and I didn't get his name or get a chance to give him money or anything..but it'll happen Friday after payday. I also sent a prayer out to the lady that was kind enough to say Spears. Of course i would have broken the window in a few more minutes...throwing a shopping cart on the back window was my next resort.

3 comments:

Misty said...

((((((((((huge hugs for you and the chunk)))))))))))))))

Sorry the day was so rough...
I am so glad that there were ppl there to help, and that all is well tonight!

Andrew McAllister said...

Wow, totally scary! Locking the keys and/or baby in the car is not unheard of, but to have it happen on such a hot day is incredible bad luck. Thank goodness for a happy ending.

Thank you so much for visiting "To Love, Honor and Dismay" and for leaving such a nice comment. It's always nice to hear when someone can say from their own experience that my advice would have applied in their situation - a welcome validation. Much appreciated!

It has been nice to see so many people find my little stash of articles (which is growing daily). Would you consider adding a link in your sidebar so your readers can find me too?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day! But don't beat yourself up too much. I have done the same thing with Zachary.

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.