Sunday, February 11, 2007

sick of hospitals and I'm not there as much!

We've just come home from seeing my dad in the hospital. He's passed the 1 month mark but he's had 2 major surgeries and just had a procedure to drain spinal fluid. So now add headache to the list of problems..but it's good cause it might decrease the swelling and let that incision heal. Lots of driving for my mom and lots of lonely time at the house. She goes to work at 8, leaves at 3 to see my dad, where she bathes shaves and gets him ready for bed, comes home about 10 pm puts laundry of dads in the washer/dryer and then sleeps. And then the whole day starts again. My dad is working his butt off in rehab about 8 hrs a day. I'm so proud of both of them and he's trying so hard. He is able to use a walker and get into a wheelchair even though it wears him out to sit. He was able to give chunk a ride for a moment which was neat. Prayers are still needed for us to get him the heck out of dodge. Mom and Dad are so cute cause she still leans over and kisses him and he kisses back. She was telling him he has to practice that alot. It's really a love fest when you go visit him. I really can't believe I ever fought with them when I was younger. I used to love the the thought of moving away and being free of them (when i was 16-17). Can you imagine. Now it breaks my heart to drive 95 miles back to my house. Chunk was crazy this weekend. We are both so tired from him. He really showed his two year ability and ran us down. I was ready to drop him off for a week somewhere. But today has been alittle better.

4 comments:

Misty said...

I think he's looking good for a guy who's just been thru so much. Sorry L was giving you such a hard time this weekend. I hope he's better for you this week. Hang in there lady, at least he's there for you guys to go visit, and he's working hard in rehab. Keep us updated and the pics are good. :)

Trisha said...

I agree that he is looking good after everything! Definitely keep us updated :) Sorry Logan was crazy for you this past weekend.

Resa said...

I agree too....He looks great for a guy who's been through so much in the last month. I'm glad he's making progress. You all are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your little man give you a break this week. ;) ((((GREAT BIG HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

It's good to see your dad up and about! He looks good. (But it also breaks my heart!) We will keep your family in our prayers. Love you!

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.