Tuesday, July 06, 2010

what a fat quarter can do


I participated in a fat quarter swap a few months ago.  It was alot of fun because I got some really cute things.  None of them went with anything.  One of the participants sent me two with some ribbon and some yellow lace.  She must have known.

It is really pretty easy to turn it into a baby skirt!  I cut each fat quarter in half.  some one way and some the other.  I had to change because of the layout of the material on one of them and it made it cute too!  I sewed a piece of lace on one end when I sewed a narrow hem.  Sew into a a tube.  Turn down the top edge twice to make a casing.  Sew all but a few inches.  Insert your elastic and finish the casing. 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Super cute! Now I need to steal a baby girl so I can dress her up...;) Just kidding, of course...

sbmeeks said...

Oh my gosh. TOO Cute!

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.