Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Quilts for this week

After finishing my monster indian girl quilt im afraid to start the process so i decided to finish quilting my lap quilt that is funky and fun.  The top and bottom edges were really hard to bind.  I don't think i will do that again without help.  It's just for me so i didn't have to be perfect.

I have really started to dislike polyester batting.  It's very hard to quilt on.  For a few quilts i tried cotton batting.  I really love it.  It's more expensive sure but there's this nice static cling that happens with your quilt top and you are less likely to get wrinkles. 

Speaking of wrinkles.  Can you see the problem with this quilt???


No?  Well how about this side??




GRRRRRR!!!!!  I took out stiches and redid it...but it was a gonner.  I was thinking of selling it on my etsy shop but i'd hate to do that to someone...thinking i will give it to charity.  Ric Rac does make it all better though right???  I really really love Ric Rack.  It's so cute...I may ask my brother if he wants the quilt...who knows Miss Riley might like a ladybug quilt to play on...

oh and this is usually what happens while i quilt...around time to get the oldest from school....

oh and i found these great pictures taken by my oldest...this is what ive been finding on my camera after he's played on the computer ....

1 comment:

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

Hi Lisa,I can relate to the polyester batt thing...I'm a cotton girl! Can you send me an email through my profile? I'll need it in case you win! Ann

Boys

Boys

About Me

My photo
I quilt and sew and crochet. I like learning new things.